Wednesday, November 30, 2011

My Christmas Wish List



It's that time of year again, that time of year when my parents ask for a Christmas list so they know what to shop for. I, of course, obliged, because there are few things better than getting free video games. Well, I do happen to enjoy giving gifts, so I bought my family some neat things on sale during Black Friday madness.

Of course, I bought them all from the comfort of my living room while wrapped in a blanket, drinking hot cocoa, and playing Skyrim. Sale or no, I do not stand outside in line to shop. Ever.

Anyway, on to the list!


Uncharted 3 - This is a no-brainer. Well, I shouldn't even have to ask for it for Christmas, because if I was a true Nathan Drake fan, I'd have already bought it. Alas, Skyrim won out in the "what to spend my $60 on" competition, so I'll have to wait to get this for Christmas. The third part in Naughty Dog's epic Uncharted series looks to be frigging awesome. I hope it lives up to the stellar review I gave the 2nd entry into the series, though I have little doubt it will.

Assassin's Creed Revelations - I happen to be a HUGE fan of anything Assassin's Creed, so it should come as little surprise that I want this game. I had stopped blogging prior to reviewing Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, but I liked that game almost as much as I liked Assassin's Creed 2. That being said, Jesper Kyd did not do the entire score for this game (which I already own), and I don't like the score for this game as much as I liked the one for Assassin's Creed 2 (which one my best video game score of 2009). While that is a bit disappointing, I have high hopes for the game as a whole.

Batman Arkham City - Holy surprising caped crusader, Batman! Batman is getting all the love in the super hero world lately. Between Christopher Nolan's films that are good beyond words to the new and stellar video game franchise, there has never been a better time to be a Batman fan. I played Arkham Asylum earlier this year, and the game totally caught me by surprise. I was expecting "meh" and I got "OMGWTFBBQ horse radish!!!!" Batman games shouldn't be this good, but they are. And I'll be damned if I don't pay the sequel.

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller - Yeah, kinda boring, but I need a new one. The ability to click the right thumb stick is gone on my current one, which makes switching between first and third person views in Skyrim next to impossible. Unacceptable!

There you have it, my Christmas wish list for the year. I plan on having reviews of all those games, so I can get to the wonderful best and worst of 2011 post ASAP.

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Popular Posts