Friday, November 18, 2011

A Late Celebration

Soooooo, how many people celebrated the Fifth of November this year? I sure did, and I did it the best way I know how. I watched V for Vendetta, which is one of my favorite movies of all time. The message is simple and effective, plus there's a lot of stylish action to entertain us while we listen absorb that message.

The movie constantly serves to remind me that of a lot of things I believe, and things that I sometimes let get away from me in the bustle of day-to-day life. For those of you with about three and a half minutes to spare, I'd like to share with you V's television speech. I would argue that it is one of the most relevant, one of the most important moments in the history of movies. It speaks not just to the government in the movie, but also to what ours is becoming.


I'll save the ranting political commentary for another night. I'm really tired, and talking politics is A) long and B) unproductive. Instead, I'll let Hugo Weaving do the talking for me.


No comments:

Popular Posts