Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Magic Worlds


So, with the weekend being over, albeit a few days over, the final Magic: the Gathering World Championships has ended. It's a bit sad that with all the organized play changes that Wizards of the Coast has implemented lately, the biggest tournament of the year is gone. I've been reading about this for a couple of weeks now. The organized play community, that is, the people who pay to play in tournaments, are generally in an uproar about everything that's come down.

I don't care either way very much. As a strictly casual player, it's been a couple of years since I paid to attend a tournament. I usually find myself sitting at a friend's kitchen table going a few rounds of Commander format. However, I did have the goal of one day forking out the money to travel to Worlds, if only for the experience. That goal is, sadly, no more.


In a more positive light, my friend Uriah managed to make it to Worlds for its final public hurrah. Uriah's pretty neat in that he films people's Commander decks then posts them to YouTube as part of his CMDR Decks channel.

The purpose of today's blog was twofold.


  1. Bitch a little about Worlds going away.
  2. Link to to CMDR Decks.
With the first goal covered in the first couple of paragraphs, I just need to link you over to the CMDR Decks channel, so here it is.

All righty, with that bit of advertisement out of the way, I'll let you get back to your Thanksgiving celebrations.

No comments:

Popular Posts