Monday, November 28, 2011

Skyrim Soundtrack and Other Randomness


All right. Didn't miss today. Though I came very close. It's close to midnight, and it probably will be past that once I finish. But, I'm going to count that as a post for today, Monday.

First things first, today was my last day of vacation. Boo. It's been a great week and a half, but all good things must come to an end, as they say. In any case, in three weeks, I start another, even longer, vacation. Sometimes, not being able to take a vacation all year works out at the end of the year when I get to burn 3 weeks over the course of a couple of months.


I hope everybody reading this had a great Thanksgiving. Same to all those who haven't discovered how much fun reading this can be.

So, you may be wondering why I'm awake if I have to get up for work early in the morning. The answer is simple. I'm not tired. Yeah, I totally fudged up my sleep schedule over the last week, and now it will probably be two in the morning or so before I'm actually tired enough to fall asleep. I blame the all nighter I pulled on Saturday into Sunday. During which, I wrote yesterday's blog post. Man, that feels like so long ago.

The all nighter was a success. We were up playing Mass Effect 2 until 7, when we went to get 2 of his tires on his car replaced. He was out of work at the time (he started his new job this morning), so I ended up footing that bill, which set me back a whopping $200. Jinkees, tires are expensive.

Would you spell that "jinkees" "jinkeys" "jingkeys"?? I have no earthly idea how you spell that word. If you're not sure what it is, flash back to Skooby Doo.

So, after hoofing it around to buy tires, we went back to his place where I fell asleep on the couch for a couple of hours before going back to pick up his car, then coming back to his place to sleep on the couch some more. Wake up, go home, play Skyrim, take shower, go back to bed. That was my Sunday in a nutshell.

Enter today where it was wake up, play Skyrim, watch Raw, play Skyrim, take shower, go to bed... lay there. Stare at wall, listen to some relaxing tunes, get distracted by every little light in the room (alarm clock, iPhone, computer-sleeping-pulsing-light-thingy. Get back out of bed, remember that I haven't blogged yet today, and here we are.

Quite the life, I know.

Moving past that, I would like to take a quick second and get to the primary point of this blog. I've obviously been spending a great deal of time playing Skyrim, and I wanted to point out how absurdly wonderful the soundtrack to this game is. I'm listening to it right now (with the game on pause) as I blog all my thoughts down tonight. The soundtrack does a lot to capture the epic feeling of the game, from the unobtrusive background songs that play while I wander around the world to the epic choral greatness that kicks in when a dragon roars over my head and starts raining fire down upon my poor rogue.

Unfortunately, the game's soundtrack is not available on my beloved iTunes, but a physical CD (well, there are actually FOUR CDs in that soundtrack) can be ordered from the website run by the soundtrack's composer Jeremy Soule. Orders placed by December 23rd will come autographed by Mr. Soule himself.

I bought the soundtrack on the spot. Can't wait for it to get here. If you are interested in it, you can order it here.

I'm looking forward to beating Skyrim, because it will likely be my first video game review since Mass Effect 2. I can't wait to get my game review hat on again. In the meantime, I'll be plugging away at the massive amounts of content to be had.

Cheers.

No comments:

Popular Posts