Thursday, December 01, 2011

A Couple More Preliminary Thoughts on Skyrim

I continue to dump an inordinate amount of time into Skyrim. That game is a little like a drug. Super addicting, crazy fun while it lasts, but you have a tendency to look back on it and wonder if you're sane for even doing it.

That, however, does not stop me from cracking out on my rogue, power leveling him through pickpocketing, lock picking, and sneaking around.

Bow and arrow? Check.
Double dagger awesomeness? Check.
Chest full of stolen goodies at my house? Check.
Badass thieves guild armor? Double check.

Morals? ...missing entirely. My rogue is a thief and a selfish bastard. I just started one quest line where, to initiate it, I had to lead a follower up to a certain god's shrine and kill him. Then I had to kill all the rest of the followers at the shrine. Now I have to kill the god's previous champion and the people with him. Lots of death and other ways to make myself obscenely rich.

Winning.

Did I mention that I am also a werewolf?

Tonight, I'd like to share a few thoughts on Skyrim, as posed by the fine, creative, and funny folks over at Penny Arcade.


This is amazingly true. I thought I was owning the world after having killed somewhere in the neighborhood of 5 dragons, then I pissed off a mammoth. To be fair, I was only walking by, it's not like I was harassing it with my suddenly-tiny mace or anything. This giant came running after me, grunting, then made a chunky, red paste out of me with his giant hammer. I have also, in fact, seen a giant kill a dragon. There is something seriously effed up about that picture.

And also:
Not picking up absolutely everything takes more discipline than you would think possible. When starting, the number of times I had to interrupt a dungeon run to hop back to sell all of my worth-nothing trinkets, it was a little absurd and just plain sad.

And finally, on an different (but still video game related) note:
That is all.

No comments:

Popular Posts