Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Random Update

So, I'm sitting here at work, waiting for the printer to finish printing the giant posters I've been working on all day. Sadly, I didn't have much of a chance to work on any of the things I need to get done this week to go on vacation at the end of the week. Everybody's priorities are more important than mine. Eh, such is life.

I'm listening to Dream Theater's Ocatavarium right now. Not the whole album, just the song. The song, however, is long enough to be a whole album (by modern album-length standards). If you consider that the average song produced nowadays is about 4 minutes long, a song that is 23:58 is rather incredible. And that's not even their longest song!

You may be wondering why on earth I'm not listening to Chevelle's new album, and the answer is that the album sucks ass.

...
...
...

Just kidding!

At this point, I'm pretty sure that there's nothing Chevelle could do to make me hate their music. Sure, the radio can overplay "Send the Pain Below" and I can still hate that song to this day, but there's nothing Chevelle could do to make me hate their music. Besides, I don't ever listen to the radio any more, so that's hardly even a problem.

In truth, the new album, Hats Off to the Bull is quite wonderful. I'm not quite ready to sit down and pen the full review (that will take a while, and I'd actually like to leave work at some point), but that's coming soon.

Back to the point, I've been on this epic Dream Theater kick for many months now. They have a very deep discography, and their progressive rock stylings are just addicting. So, even when the mighty Chevelle is dropping new music on me, I still need my DT fix.

Before you ask, yes, I've been taking quite a bit of time off blogging recently (I think we're up to a week now). Two reasons for that. A) Work. Lots of it. Gotta get ready for my vacation, which starts in 3 days! Wooooooot! B) Skyrim. The game has firmly inserted itself near the top of my priority list. I'll readily admit to thinking, "I should stop playing this so I can write my blog for the day." Then I ponder about this for a moment before shaking my head and think to myself, "Nah," before refocusing on my Skyrim exploits. And there are many.

I justify this to myself by thinking about how I need to clock through this game so I can write an awesome review for this blog. Totally justified.

Yeah, yeah... I know.

Anyhoo, I'm gonna pack up and head out of here now that my printing is done (finally!). I'll try to write tomorrow and going forward, if I can pry myself away from Skyrim. No promises. Though I do promise reviews for both Skyrim and the new Chevelle coolness soon.

Until then, cheers!

No comments:

Popular Posts