Monday, November 23, 2009

Yes, This is AOL's New Logo... No, Seriously


What, you think I'm joking? I wish. For reals people, this is the new AOL logo... or perhaps I should say "Aol." With a period. Lowercase "ol." Puke.

So, on December 10th, Aol will be spun off from parent company Time Warner, and this is the result of the rebranding effort that was undertaken to coincide with the spin off.

Hilarious... and slightly disgusting.



The idea of this new logo (I use that term loosely here) is that you can change the background image to show the super awesome dynamic-ness of the new Aol. I am cracking up just writing it down, so ridiculous it is.

Like I said, the background image is meant to be dynamic. White "Aol." (with a period!!) on top of some typically lame picture. A bug-eyed goldfish... a random blue swirl... green squiggly line... rock on hand... pink puke cloud... not to mention the acid trip exploding brain thingy.

Take a peek.



Seriously, this is awful. there's a reason AOL (sorry... Aol.) is going down the drain. I seriously doubt this is gonna fix it.

No comments:

Popular Posts