Thursday, November 05, 2009

Remember, Remember

Happy November 5th, everybody. It's not an official holiday, per se, but it is a day that reminds me of one of my favorite principles, something that is true now, perhaps more than ever.

Remember, remember the 5th of November
the gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason the gunpowder treason
should ever be forgot

A few years ago, a movie came out called V for Vendetta. It was a movie about one man who stood up to a corrupt and overly powerful government in the name of individual liberty and freedom. It has come and gone from the popular culture, but it's message rings with a particular truth.



So, remember the 5th of November as a day where can remind ourselves that people should not be afraid of their government, a government should be afraid of its people.

Bonus! I've been looking for an excuse to post a Tool video here, so here we go. On the think for yourself theme, I present a song that is the very definition of how I try to live my life. Enjoy!



Happy 5th everybody!

No comments:

Popular Posts