Tuesday, November 24, 2009

TV Shows in Limbo


All over the web, articles are popping up talking about suspended production on all manner of TV shows, including some shows that I happen to like a lot - funny enough, all the shows of which I think highly enough to write about in this list are all on one channel.

ABC.

Word of advice to ABC. Don't get all NBC on me and start canceling good shows. Don't do it. That would make you idiots. I promise.


  • Flash Forward - After a few straight weeks of slipping ratings, ABC has decided to halt production "temporarily." Station reps have said that this production delay has been part of the plan since forever - it's supposed to allow time for the writers to brainstorm and keep the show fresh. We'll see. I started watching this show a while ago, the narrative has been dragging ass lately. Hopefully this break will give the writer's time to refocus on what's actually important to the story and stop getting bogged down in useless minutiae.
  • V - ABC has also stopped production of it's new series V. The final episode of 2009 airs tonight, then it will go off until sometime next year. Given the Olympics are right around the corner, folks are speculating it might be March before we see another episode. The show debuted strong and is keeping momentum going into its 4th episode, so I'd like to think they're bringing it back. I happen to like the show a lot, but I'm not excited about having to wait until potentially March to start watching it again.
  • Cougar Town - I'm not sure why I like this show so much, most people I know tell me I shouldn't watch or enjoy it, but I really, really, really like this show. It's hilarious, Courtney Cox is adorable, and did I mention that it's hilarious? I can't breathe most of the time while watching this show, I'm laughing that hard. Anyway, it's production was temporarily halted, reportedly due to some personal matters Courtney Cox had to deal with. The show will be back, however, since ABC has already ordered a full season of the show. All right!
On the positive side, my favorite new show, SGU, is doing just fine, with ever increasing ratings and a getting-stronger fan base. Alas, I still have not watched the newest episode, "Life" because of a busy weekend. I would like to knock off that episode sometime this week and finish that darned write up I've been working on for a week and a half. It's a long one. Very long. I have a lot to say about the show. Shoot me. :-)

In any case, SGU will not air on Friday this week, which means I'll have to wait until next week to get my fix going again. Boo.

House and Lie to Me are both VERY good this season. House continues to go strong in its 6th season - you really should be watching this show if you aren't already. Lie to Me is good beyond what I would consider reasonable... like "better than House at times" good. Yes, I mean it. Tim Roth is a superb lead in that show, and it's the perfect thing to come right after Hugh Laurie.

Heroes is officially back on track. The last 2 episodes have been amazing. Season 1 amazing. Pieces have started to fall into place and the suspense is really getting dialed up. Apologies on my lack of Heroes write ups in the last couple of weeks. I've been afflicted with that "no free time" bug that seems to be going around my office lately. I hope to resume those write ups this week. Hopefully.

No comments:

Popular Posts