Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My Resolution for This Week is to....

... finally sit down and watch seasons 1 and 2 of Friday Night Lights. 

The TV show has yet again avoided the chopping block at NBC, though it does not appear on the fall or midyear lineups. NBC has announced that the show will run for at least another 2 years, thanks mostly to the fact that DirecTV finances quite a bit of the show.

I've been meaning to watch the show, I really have. I think the movie upon which the show is based is the best damn sports movie ever, and have thought so since I watched it the first time. It gets better with every subsequent viewing (and there have been many, many of those). I also particularly enjoyed the book - it has a home on my bookshelf among very few other nonfiction titles.

The show is a critical darling, and what I've seen of it piques my interest. So, I'd like to make the time to sit down and watch it. 

Of course, with Seattle just around the corner, I expect most of my time to be devoted to playing Magic. And testing the rocking GW deck I'm going to be playing. Speaking of Magic, my friend and quite-famous (in the Magic community, anyway) article writer, Dave Meeson played the deck I built for Regionals last weekend. He wrote about it here, citing the general brilliance of the deck and how much fun it was to play. :-)  Nah. But I did get credit for building it. This is the deck (with modifications) that I plan on running in Seattle. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Popular Posts

Blog Archive