Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Deadpool News

This makes my day.



In more Deadpool news, here's Ryan Reynolds talking about his role in the recent X-Men movie. I love the part at the end... it seems a bit like a jab at the folks responsible for f-ing up the character in the Origins film. I hope they do a spinoff, I hope he stars in it, and I hope they fix the character. Like Reynolds says, 100% accurate to the comic books.




Edit: I was browsing the web, and I came across some interesting news. We now have confirmation (here, here, and here) that there IS going to be a Deadpool spinoff movie. That's right, a movie about Marvel's most badass comic book superstar (er... cult hit). Better yet, it will (supposedly) star Ryan Reynolds as the main man. Given that his 15 minutes on screen was the best part of Origins (he positively stole the show, imo), this could be awesome. Of course, if the Fox producers get too much say in this shizzle, we're going to end up with Baraka-Cyclops-Pool again, and that would be sad days indeed.

Here's to hoping Reynolds' Deadpool intent wins out here and he gets the true-to-the-comics adaptation he and all the rest of the Deadpool fans out there truly want. 

No comments:

Popular Posts

Blog Archive