Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Movie Time

Oh, we're getting to that time of year that I love the most. Summer! Not only do I get the luxury of living in an area that has plenty of parks for hiking, warm weather, bright sun, gorgeous days... Summer is the time of great movies. And there are a whopping number of movies on the must-see list this year. Impressively, the first three movies come back to back to back. May is going to be one sweet month.
  • Star Trek - May 8 - I shouldn't, by rights, want to see this movie. I've never been a Star Trek fan... but the folks at Bad Robot proved themselves great film makers with the stunningly epic Cloverfield. Plus, it looks to have a solid cast, including Zachary Quinto of Heroes fame. Now that Watchmen has come and gone, this is what I want to see the most.
  • Angels & Demons - May 15 - Say what you will about the novel The Da Vinci Code, the movie kicked ass. This is one of the very few book-to-movie adaptations for which I will say the movie is better. Angels & Demons the novel was a far better book than The Da Vinci Code, so I anticipate huge things from the movie. 
  • Terminator: Salvation - May 21 - Christian Bale + Terminator = win. This movie looks to be utterly fantastic with much grim storyline and many explosions throughout.
  • G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra - August 7 - I've been waiting for this for more years than I can sanely count. From the very little that's been leaked about this movie, it looks like it's got a ton of potential. Can't wait to check this one out.
*EDITS* I forgot a couple when I did this yesterday, so here we go.
  • Fast & Furious - April 3 (tomorrow!!) - These are certainly not the deepest movies out there, but they are certainly good for an entertaining couple of hours. The newest in the franchise reunites Vin Deisel with one of my personal favorites, Paul Walker, and I think this is going to be a ton of fun. Hopefully they maintain the stance on CGI they took with Tokyo Drift and just don't use it.
  • X-Men Origins: Wolverine - May 1 - How in the hell did I forget this one? This makes May a month with 4 back to back must-see movies! Perhaps the things I'm most excited about in this movies are seeing Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool and finally getting to see Gambit on the big screen. 
I could get started on the video games coming out soon too, but that would take more time than I have at the moment. Cheers!

No comments:

Popular Posts