Tuesday, September 30, 2008

One More Reason I Don't Like Microsoft

My hotmail account has been inactive for over a month now. I keep getting this error message any time I log in from anywhere (home computer, work computer, friends' computers, XBox 360, Messenger, etc).


Hotmail Error

That screenshot turned out to be super-tiny for some reason, though I tried to resize it. the text of the error message is "We're unable to retrieve information for this page at this time. We're sorry for the inconvenience, please try again later." [sic] Aside from being grammatically incorrect (who sees it?), the error is worthless as far as trying to figure out myself what's going on. If I click the button and try to sign in again, I end up right back here. 

I just sent my third email (in as many weeks) to Microsoft tech support about the issue. They all yielded case numbers but nothing else. Not even an automated "We got your request" email. I checked both my Inbox and my Junk Mail filter. Do you think that maybe MS doesn't want to respond to me because my secondary email address is @gmail? If I haven't gotten a response from them soon, I'm going to want to call somebody, but finding a tech support number on their site is virtually impossible. Heck, finding a way to contact customer support in general was a pain in my behind.

A Google search of my issue revealed that some customers have this with their @q.com email addresses (that's Qwest email through MSN Live) and get that error when that email account is disconnected. My account, however, is @hotmail.com, so I'm lost.

Here's to hoping I get an answer. 

No comments:

Popular Posts