Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Brian J. Smith on SGU

Good evening, folks. I figured I'd take a few moments away from the work that has consumed my life for the past week and put up a blog. And, well, it's SGU - I'll always find the time for that!

I've recently become acquainted with Curt, the awesome gentleman who writes the Show Patrol blog for chicagonow.com. Yesterday, he posted a positively fantastic interview with Brian J. Smith, who plays Lt. Matthew Scott on the show. Brian weighs in on some of the "bigger issues" plaguing the show including fans' reaction to his character, fans' reaction to the show in general, some juicy little spoilers for both the second half of season one (returning in April!!) and season 2, with some bonus classical music discourse to boot! Plus, he really digs into the psychology of his character - his attitudes, the effects of his past on his present, the way he makes decisions, including some of the very same things I mentioned in my Why I Love SGU post from a few months back (including his defining moment)! Brian also goes into some detail surrounding the motives and repercussions of the very controversial scene from "Air, Part 1," an explanation that is actually very logical, and one that I hit myself for missing almost entirely!

Did I mention the interview hilarious?

And I can't wait for this mysterious episode called "Faith"... sound amazing.

You can check out the interview by clicking here (<-- click there). I highly recommend it; it's a great read.

No comments:

Popular Posts