Monday, December 14, 2009

SGU Renewed for Season 2


OK, so I should be in bed right now, but my phone has been going crazy with people telling me that Stargate Universe was renewed for a second season! Now, I've long suspected that it would be renewed. Aside from the fact that it's a great show - the best on TV currently - it pulls in some great ratings. In fact, I've seen rumors online that the strong ratings from both SGU and Sanctuary have propelled SyFy to the 4th highest rated basic cable network. Pretty impressive.


So, it should come as no surprise then that SyFy announced earlier tonight that they have renewed both SGU and Santuary for another season, 20 episode each. Enter exploding phone.

And if that wasn't good enough, SyFy also announced that a new alien race will be introduced into the Stargate Universe canon.
He also revealed a new alien race will be added to the show. "There is a big story point coming up that does introduce an alien race," Cooper said. "It's more along the line of a District 9-type alien. Our interaction is handled in a very Universe way; they're not the typical Stargate alien bad guys."
If you aren't excited, I figure you need to check your pulse and/or start watching this show. Click the banner at the bottom of the blog to immerse yourself in the awesomeness that is SGU.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must return to the moms and our happy dance.

1 comment:

cherluvya said...

Wow nun, "the moms" fine... I do like your blog...I missed the alien race mention and was glad to read it here.

hmmm, think "angels"..oh well. So much for that idea. *grumbles*

Popular Posts