Tuesday, August 26, 2008

And I thought all hope was lost....

Then they came back and sound f-ing fantastic. Who? you ask. Well, uh.. let's start out like this. When they started making music, they were grungy but talented. Then they cleaned up and their music style changed and they lost a lot of fans (but that was the era that I joined in). then they released S&M, which is, to this day, one of the best albums ever... then they released St. Anger, an album that's existence I will barely acknowledge.

Then this. Metallica's Death Magnetic. The name sucks, but the music.... um, yeah. Fantastic. Amazing. Back to the Metallica we all know and love. Guitar solos. Drums that don't sound like they're actually trash cans in disguise. Great lyrics. Did I mention guitar solos?

I hope they have something epically awesome like One or Fixxxer. I will die of sheer joy.

To this day, no album has seen more play time in a stereo/CD player/iPod/etc than ReLoad. I bought it in April of '97, and it was in my stereo constantly until whenever Disturbed came out with The Sickness. That's how much I love Metallica (and meanwhile, Disturbed has faded into mediocrity... sad panda).

For those rockers out there, especially those who lost faith after that disasterous angry album, check out the new singles, which are online at:

http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=601119 (the better of the two I think) and http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=601136 (not nearly as good)

Note: please don't sue me for posting that, I'm only giving you more business :)

Consider my night made!

No comments:

Popular Posts