Monday, June 16, 2008

Stuff and stuffing

Well, yet another weekend gone. I have to be up for work in... aboooouuuut, 5 hours. w00t.

Let's set aside all my preconceptions about the wedding from my last post (which has seemingly disappeared... all well, good riddance) for just a moment. All the last minute-ness planning aside, the ceremony was really very beautiful, and the reception was a lot of fun. Congratulations, Greenwalts. Enjoy your honeymoon. :)

Um, so if there was one thing I'd have to pick as my least favorite thing about living with Randy, this would probably be it. There's a girl crying right outside my bedroom door. There are people shushing her because they think I'm asleep. There's loud techno pounding against the wall right behind my monitor. There's the smell of booze and AC in the air, and my window's open, which isn't helping matters much, there's pizza crust all over the floor, along with a generous smattering of Magic cards, there's a ridiculous collection of cans, both beer and soda, covering the tables, shot glasses and spilled liquids everywhere, various video game accessiories strewn about, trash all around th etrash can, but remarkably little actually in the trash can... and lots of drunk people. Yeek. I just cleaned this morning too.... All well. One of the girls at the party asked me if I am mad right now. Since everybody's under the impression that I'm trying to sleep, they figure it's polite to ask if I'm mad when I show my face. And, truth be told... no, not really. More truth be told, I might be out and about mingling with the crowd, so to speak, but my social quota for the weekend is spent, and after the "cool story" (see below), I'm just kinda mad in general... but not at the party.

More crying, sounds a bit like a cat getting f-d. That was terrible in a very mean sort of way. I've decided I don't like her (her being a nameless person for the purposes of this blog.. and also because I can't for the life of me remember her real name) a whole lot. No, wait, I think I decided that several weeks ago, while on vacation. That's another story. Earlier, they were all screaming into the Rock Band microphone. AAAAGOONNNNNYYYYYYYY. For those of you who can't read long spellings, that was AGONY. I should probably consider "losing" that microphone. We have already had one noise complaint against us since I moved in....

Le sigh. It's a really good thing I slept in today. I actually slept on the couch. It's very, very comfortable. My bed, well it has this crater in the middle of it that I kind of have to sleep around. Quite uncomfortable at times - time for a new matress. But, in the meantime, I have developed the habit of sleeping on the couch when my room mate stays elsewhere. It's a very comfortable couch.

She's crying again. The sound is no less agonizing then the one people make while screaming into the microphone, trying to activate the overdrive mode and marvelling at the echo effects. WOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!

I think she just hit her head on the wall.

So, back to the wedding. My face is bright red. I've been drowning it in aloe all day. It hurts sooooo much. I left the aloe out there, so it's been a while since I've used it. Sad state of affairs. Was it worth the sunburn? Absolutely. Was it worth standing out in the heat for what seemed like hours (but was actually 12 minutes or so) in a heavy black tux, watching Damon in front of me try not to pass out while trying not to pass out myself? Sure.

Cool story: Joe and Amy, bride and groom. Anyway, Amy's brothers were supposed to stick around after the ceremony to assist with cleanup, but they decided they had better things to be doing, apparently, as they both left. Sooooo, I stayed to help in their stead. Now, I rode to the wedding with a friend, who proceeded to ditch me so he could go drinking. So, I'm left rideless, because I'm trying to make sure Joe and Amy don't have to clean up by themselves. Lovely. Thankfully, another friend is there to hitch a ride with. But still.... That'll teach me to try to carpool.

I think they're putting her to sleep in the bathroom.... So much for a shower in the morning. Ummm, yeah, for the record, and again, this is going to sound really mean, but people as immature as this girl should not be drinking. I've known her for a short while (namely tonight), and my very first impression was "wow, immature". Not my "first impression in hindsight", mind you, but that's what I thought to myself when she shook my hand tonight. She's done nothing to change that (in the few hours I've been locked in my room playing Guild Wars with Brett (btw, thanks for the distraction, dude, you rock!!)). Anyway, I'm not sure, but I think she might be 21ish. She acts about 11... maybe. 10's getting closer. Especially when she's drunk. She sounds like the little girl who just stubbed her toe on the cabinet.

In all honesty, for a few minutes, I thought it was one of the other girls who was here, because I have even less respect for her, she's even less mature, and my thoughts jumped straight to her when the bawling started.

I think even Randy's locked himself away in his room. HA.

So, the reception was great. Much food, and music, and fun. Lots of hugs, some good PDA moments (without even any alcohol...(in the building anyway)). Very comfortable, easy atmosphere. One of Amy's sisters caught the bouquet. I caught the garter (gerter??? I dunno) strap and got to dance with her. It was fun. We slow danced to some country song (something about exes in Texas or something like that), because neither of us knew how to do country dances. So we spun in a circle and talked about the wedding. It turns out that I was duped... well, that might not be the word for it. Damon, Rob, and Steve, the only other eligible bachelors in the room all planned for me to receive it ahead of time. They made like they were going for it, but they never had any intention of grabbing it. Silly me. It was fun though. For the record, yes, I danced for Rob. No, I was not drunk. Yes, it was brief.

Sob. Sob. Cry, whine, bawl. It huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurts. Grow the fuck up. What I would give for the balls to actually say that. You know, there was a time... nevermind. And now.... passed out on the couch. Oh yeah. Quiet.

For the record, and again, no names here, but there are certain people who really, really, really for the sake of our friendship, need to stop thinking that everything I say is some veiled criticism. You know me better than that, if I was going to criticize, I'd be quite blunt about it. None of this silly dancing around the bush, double-entendre shit. I say things, as often as possible, as I see them. Statements of fact, not shrouded attempts to get you to fix them. If I wanted you to change, I'd ask. If I was annoyed or pissed, I'd tell you. So stop reading so much into what I say. Please. :)

On the positive side, Sexy Mike's here tonight. He's one of the coolest people I've met through Randy (I think there are 3 really cool people I've met in the last year). PLUS, he's not scared of me just because I'm quiet. Bonus points.

This may sound kind of corny, but what the hell, I'm rolling with it. Listening to Randy play the guitar is one of the most relaxing things to do around here. I prefer to watch rather than to listen through the wall (I mean, come on, it's like litening to Tool at a concert versus on CD. Both are good, but live... man, there's nothing else like it). It's just an acoustic guitar and some singing, but it's sooooooooooooog good (he'll prolly hit me just for writing this... ow ahead of time). I can sing along to almost all the lyrics from every song, and it's the only "band" one of my friends have ever been in that I actually like... sorry Joey, screamo still ain't my thing.

Anyway.....

I had a conversation with a friend at the wedding. Well, between the wedding and the rehearsal, really, but that's not relevant. We were talking about people who say they're friends but aren't really. Quite an interesting discussion, as I learned some interesting things about a fella who I thought was my friend over a double quarter pounder with cheese and a really nasty salad at mcdonalds (that would be my "McD moment" I suppose).... but anyway, he asked me how many friends, real friends I have. That's a hard question to answer. In my mind, there are two types of friends. There are "friends" and there are "good friends". Good friends being the people I feel comfortable talking to about personal stuffs. I have exactly 2 of them... they (better) know who they are. Plain old friends, though.... not sure. I seem to have a revolving door of "friends" at the moment, so it's really hard to say who means what to me. Call it trust issues. Call it "cool story" moments and "McD" moments that make me question those friendships.

Revisiting the earlier question, am I mad... nope. Still not. A couple of weeks ago, in this same situation, I probably would have been furious. Not today. I'm over the depression that came with my revolving door friendships. Thank Mark (and there is exactly one person on the planet, other than me, who knows what that means!!), and thanks Tool, of course.

Saturn comes back around to show you everything
Let's you choose what you will not see and then
Drags you down like a stone or lifts you up again
Spits you out like a child, light and innocent.

Saturn comes back around.
Lifts you up like a child or
Drags you down like a stone
To consume you till you choose to let this go.

Give away the stone.
Let the oceans take and transmutate this cold and fated anchor.
Give away the stone.
Let the waters kiss and transmutate these leaden grudges into gold.
Let go.

- Tool

Wow, It's 3. I've been writing this for an hour now. This is a loooooooooooong blog, so if you've made it this far, congratulations... you really have nothing better to do? Just kidding. I'm going to start thinking about sleeping right now. Hopefully it's quiet enough to where I can do that. Fingers crossed.

Before I go, I would like to say that it's nice to finally be out from under the veil of depression after several loooooong months of not knowing exactly where I was going or where I belonged. Thanks to the small group of people (I can count you on one hand) that were there for me, even though some of you didn't exactly know it. You guys rock! And such.

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.
Withering my intuition leaving all these opportunities behind.

Feed my will to feel this moment urging me to cross the line.
Reaching out to embrace the random.
Reaching out to embrace whatever may come.

I embrace my desire to
feel the rhythm, to
feel connected enough to
step aside and weep like a widow to
feel inspired, to
fathom the power, to
witness the beauty, to
bathe in the fountain, to
swing on the spiral
of our divinity and still be a human.

With my feet upon the ground
I lose myself between the sounds
and open wide to suck it in,
I feel it move across my skin.
I'm reaching up and reaching out,
I'm reaching for the random or
whatever will bewilder me.

And following our will and wind
we may just go where no one's been.
We'll ride the spiral to the end
and may just go where no one's been.
Spiral out. Keep going, going...

- Tool, again!! :)

Blast drunk people drama... shut up, to certain overweight people at the party tonight. Not every discussion has to include you, so STOP CRYING. God, why is there so much bawling tonight?

Oh, and I almost forgot the important stuff; here are the 112ish wedding pictures I took both from the rehearsal and from the wedding itself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

a nasty mc D's sandwich ey?........:P Anyhoo....I learned a long time ago not to live with people who partied no matter how "cool" they were. Unless....of course...you were a partier yourself :P I find there to be less headaches that way :) But to each their own. Maybe that girl will stop crying now?

Brian (Nunchux) said...

Who are you? And I live with my best friend, which is perhaps the coolest thing EVER! :) I can tolerate the occasional party. It's only the second one since I moved in... so yeah.

Anonymous said...

I am ..... me :) Well...occasional partying is not that bad. Gotta have fun sometimes right?

Popular Posts